Carrot rolls with mixed seeds





Time flies really fast and it has already been three years since tempting temptations in oven started.... I love freshly baked bread, baking related books and have the habit of hoarding all the baking essentials ðŸ˜‰. Am I sounding like crazy , yes I'm crazy about all this ðŸ˜Š. Satisfaction in doing what you love is priceless and that makes you happy !!
And I also love fluffy cakes ðŸ˜‰and still experimenting to get that texture in egg less cakes ... It all started in 2010 .... Baking gave me happiness, happiness in creating and sharing the kitchen experiments in the form of goodies. But it was difficult to keep the track of all my recipes. The thought of blog originated in 2016 and it took me some time ,almost an year, to bring it live . I was quite regular with trying out recipes and uploading it on blog . Then came the stage where I was not sure whether I would be able to continue or not . I was not able to  dedicate the required time to my blog. But my priorities were  clear and I decided to keep it simple and minimal for the time being. 
With every post going live , I look forward anxiously to see the likes, comments, & shares, which make my day beautiful, happy and bright. Happy moment is when someone tries your recipe and shares the wonderful feedback .
As I celebrate my blog’s third anniversary, I wish to start focusing on Indian cuisine and baking with gluten-free and healthy alternatives. Thank you so much friends for all the love and support !!! I got to know some amazing baking enthusiast gang of girls through social media whom I have never met but they are just a phone call away !!! Such virtual relationships do exist ðŸ˜Š Thank you so much girls !!! 

Heartfelt thanks to each one of you for reading, showing faith in my recipes and sharing your feedback . It keeps me motivated !

This is   100th post of the blog !!! And to celebrate this I am sharing a bread recipe with you all. These cute carrot rolls are soft and sweet with the goodness of carrots and mixed seeds.


Ingredients  


All purpose flour                       3 cups
Milk powder                               3 tbsp
Instant yeast                               3/4 tsp
Sugar                                           2 tbsp
Salt                                                1 & 1/2 tsp
Carrot puree                               150 gm
Olive oil                                       3 tbsp
Lukewarm milk                         1 & 1/2 cup 
Pumpkin seeds (powdered)         2 tbsp
Mixed seeds                                 to sprinkle 

To prepare carrot puree , steam two medium carrots , mash them or  make puree . Carrots give  extra softness to rolls and a beautiful color too. I sprinkled the mixture of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds that add the crunch and make these rolls more gorgeous.

Method
  • In a large mixing bowl, add flour, sugar , salt , instant yeast and milk powder.
  • Add lukewarm milk , carrot puree  and knead for 4-5 minutes in food processor or by hand for 7-8 minutes. Dough should spring back when touched.
  • Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with cling wrap.
  • Leave it to proof until it is doubled.
  • Once the dough is doubled, gently punch it down and mix the powdered pumpkin seeds in it and knead again.
  • Roll into a rectangle .
  • Cut strips of required width and roll each strip tightly.
  • Place them in the pan leaving some space for them to expand  during second proofing.
  • Let them rise for 20 minutes. It may take more time depending on the weather.
  • Preheat the oven to 180° C.
  • Brush the top with milk , sprinkle mixed seeds  and bake in preheated oven for 20-22  minutes.
  • Once done, brush them with melted butter and cover with kitchen towel.


























Comments

Popular Posts